Mexico is a land of extremes, with high mountains and deep canyons in the center of the country, sweeping deserts in the north, and dense rain forest in the south and east. Mexico city is one of the biggest cities in the world. It is bordered by the United States to the north and Belize and Guatemala to the southeast. Mexico is about one-fifth the size of the United States.
Mexico is the product of a rich Indian heritage, three centuries of Spanish rule, and a shared border with the world’s richest country, the United States.
Best Vacation Spots in Mexico:
There are lots of places to visit in Mexico, mainly
1. Mexico City – there is no more fascinating city in the world than Mexico’s misunderstood capital.
2. Merida – it is ‘real Mexico’, a colonial city of 750,000 lived-in and loved by locals and near several days’ worth of superb daytrips.
3. Todos Santos – it’s a mountain-backed artist community near very good surfing beaches.
4. San Miguel de Allende – a good spot to study Spanish or cooking.
5. Huatulco – the Oaxacan beach resort of choice lately providing fun activities like snorkeling, diving, surfing etc..
6. Playa del Carmen – Paa Mul Beach is just one of many amazing stretches of sand near Playa del Carmen.
7. Guanajuato – Multi coloured houses are traditional to Guanajuato. Best visited during October’s festival Cervantino – a cultural extravaganza with orchestras, modern art, mariachis and Mexico City punk bands.
8. Pubela – Pork tacos are a local speciality in Puebla.
9. Cozumel – it is also one of Mexico’s most visited cruise port-of-calls, and tourists will find the cruise docks bustling with vendors selling a variety of souvenirs from t-shirts to jewelry, tequila and Cuban cigars.
10. Acapulco – a must do in Acapulco is watch the city’s famous La Quebrada Cliff divers plunge 147 feet into a shallow inlet.
11. Copper Canyon – named after the copper-green color of the canyon walls, the Copper Canyon is a network of six canyons that combined measures larger than the Grand Canyon in the United States.
12. Puerto Vallarta – landscapes of gorgeous beaches and lush jungle mountains envelops this picturesque town of colonial landmarks, first class resorts, gourmet restaurants, fabulous shops and dozen of nightclubs.
13. Oaxaca – a pleasant climate and tranquil atmosphere make it a popular tourist destination in Southern Mexico.
|Currency used||Peso (MXN)|